Types of Data Collected
To enable You to use Our Meero Suite Services, We will be required to obtain certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- The access ID to your User Account
- The name of the company holding Your User Account
- Feedback and survey responses
- Usage Data
- Payment and Purchase Data
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by the Meero Suite Services is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Meero Suite Services to provide its Meero Suite Services. In cases where the Meero Suite Services specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Meero Suite Services.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Meero Suite Services.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address), browser type, browser version, Device information, the pages of our Meero Suite Services that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Usage Data may include:
- Meero Suite Services metadata. When a User interacts with the Meero Suite Services, metadata is generated to provide additional context about their use of the Meero Suite Services.
- Log data. Like most websites and services delivered over the Internet, Our servers automatically collect information when You access or use Our Meero Suite Services, recording this information in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Meero Suite Services, the pages of Our Meero Suite Services that You visit, the time spent on those pages, Your browser type and settings, the date and time the Meero Suite Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, and language preferences.
- Device data. Meero collects information about Devices accessing the Meero Suite Services, including the type of device, operating system used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data.
Payment and Purchase Data
If you make any purchase for the Meero Suite Services, You will need to provide Your payment data. This data will include:
- Name, surname,
- Payment method,
- If using a debit or credit card, the card type, expiration date, Your card number,
- Billing address,
- VAT number,
- Mobile phone number,
- Organisation name,
- Details of your purchase,
- Price and payment history.
Data Received from Third Parties
Meero will receive some Personal Data from the Meero Suite Services Providers who are Our payment partners in order send You invoices, charge You for Your purchase, process Your payment, provide You with Your purchase.
Information Collected while Using the Meero Suite Services
While using Our Meero Suite Services, in order to provide features of Our Meero Suite Services, We collect:
- content that is transmitted to it, and information about that content, i.e. photographs/images, metadata.
We use this information to provide features of Our Meero Suite Services, to improve and customize the Meero Suite Services. The information may be uploaded to Meero servers and/or a Meero Suite Services Providers’ servers.
Use of Your Personal Data
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect Our Meero Suite Services, the Meero Suite Services and business. This includes the use of Personal Data to support delivery of the Meero Suite Services under the Commercial Agreement, including to prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, and to analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities.
- To develop, test and provide additional features. Meero tries to make the Meero Suite Services as useful as possible. For example, We make Meero Suite Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, customize Your experience of the Meero Suite Services, or to create new features and products.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a User of the Meero Suite Services. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Meero Suite Services that are available to You as a registered User.
- To support and manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- To protect the security of the Meero Suite Services, Our company, Our clients and You.
- To contact You: as part of Our Meero Suite Services, We provide our Users with certain communications and updates, We may send You service, transactional, technical and other administrative communications, such as communications about Your User Account, Our Meero Suite Services offerings, changes to the Meero Suite Services, and important Meero Suite Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. We consider these communications as part of Our Meero Suite Services to You.
- To provide You with news and general information about other goods, Meero Suite Services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You are using unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To conduct market and user research. To improve Our Meero Suite Services and troubleshoot new products and features, we may carry out research. For example we may survey Clients and Authorized Users (including Content Managers and Content Producers) or third parties about client satisfaction, user experience, the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, and their broader interests.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To send You invoices, charge You for Your purchase, process Your payment.
- To establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns, evaluate and improve Our products, the Meero Suite Services, marketing and Your User experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Meero Suite Services Providers and their Affiliates (see Appendix I – list of Meero Suite Services Providers): We may share Your Personal Data, including Usage Data and Payment and Purchase Data, with Meero Suite Services Providers to provide, facilitate and maintain the Software Meero Suite Services, to monitor and analyze the use of Our Software Meero Suite Services, to contact You.
- With other users: if You are a Content Producer and You share personal information on the Meero Suite Services, such information may be viewed by the Content Managers on their Content Manager Accounts.
- With third party partners: We may share certain Data, with professional service providers or marketing and advertising partners like Facebook, LinkedIn or GoogleAds to create personalised ads and content. This way we can inform you about Our Services and Products, subject to your consent and choice to opt out. We do not, and will not sell, including to any third party partners, any of your personal data, such as your name, address, email address or credit card information.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose provided we obtain Your consent.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
We may process Personal Data for the purposes and with the persons mentioned under “Use of Your Personal Data”, pursuant to the following legal basis:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes, including for direct marketing/advertising purposes.
- Performance of an agreement: provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of the Commercial Agreement between Meero and its Client, any agreement in place between You and the Client and the agreement You enter into with Meero by signing up and/or using the Meero Suite Services.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Meero is subject.
- Our Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Meero, such as:
- improving the Meero Suite Services and the functioning of the Meero Suite Services for its Clients and User experience,
- monitoring the Meero Suite Services for fraud and/or other illegal or impermissible use. In any case, Meero will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the Processing.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Meero keeps Your Personal Data only as long as necessary to provide the Meero Suite Services and for Meero’s legitimate and essential business purposes such as:
- Maintaining the performance of the Meero Suite Services,
- Making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings,
- Complying with Our legal obligations,
- Resolving disputes.
The length of time week Data depends on:
- The nature of the Data,
- Why we’re processing the data (the purpose),
- Any guidelines or recommendations from the relevant data protection authorities,
- Any relevant legal obligations.
Your Personal Data will be deleted upon Your request or as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which the Personal Data has been collected, namely, to provide the requested Meero Suite Services. If legal regulations (e.g., by fiscal, commercial, or contractual law) apply that require longer storage of Your Personal Data, or if We need Your Personal Data to assert legal claims or defend against legal claims, We will store Your Personal Data until the expiration of the corresponding storage period or until the settlement of the claims.
Meero will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Meero Suite Services, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Specifically, Personal Data of the Data Subjects will be hosted on servers located in the following regions/countries: European Union, United States.
These Data transfers are necessary to provide the Software Meero Suite Services.
In the event of a change in the recipient countries, Meero shall inform the Client and all its Users and provide them with an updated list of recipient countries.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, Meero may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Meero may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation,
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Meero,
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Meero Suite Services,
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Meero Suite Services or the public,
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
Meero protects Your Personal Data by establishing reasonable technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the processing of Personal Data and its confidentiality.
In this regard, Meero takes every suitable precaution regarding the nature of the data and the risks presented by the processing to preserve the security of the Personal Data and especially to avoid that the Personal Data is distorted, damaged or that non-authorized third parties have access to the Personal Data: physical protection of locations, authentication procedures with personalized and secure access via identifiers and confidential passwords, encryption of certain data, etc.
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.