Eight months after its series A round, Meero raise $45 million.
Paris, July 12, 2018 - A pioneer in algorithmic image editing, the world leader in large-scale photography and video production, Meero announces that it has closed a $45 million second round led by Alven and Idinvest, just eight months after it’s first €15 million round.
For this new round of financing, which brings the company's financing to $60 million over its first two years of existence, the historical investors include- Global Founders Capital, Aglae Ventures, Alven and White Star Capital - who have now been joined by Idinvest.
By putting artificial intelligence in the service of photography, Meero has managed in 30 months to automate the editing of images, reducing the image processing time to a few seconds when it takes several hours for a human to produce the same result.
This technological breakthrough allowed the young tech actor to standardise the production of photo shoots in over 100 countries with clients such as Airbnb or UberEats.
While consolidating Meero's leading position in the processing and production of photographs worldwide, this new funding will enable the creation of the largest computer vision centre in France and the opening of new offices in the United States, and Asia.
"The fact that our established investors are renewing their confidence and new supporters are joining the Meero adventure confirms that our strategy works" said Thomas Rebaud, co-founder and CEO of Meero. "This significant fundraising will enable us to accelerate our development, both commercially and technologically, and thereby consolidate our leading position in this market"
- Creation of a unique algorithmic image editing technology
- Global offer of interior photographs is gradually launched
- + 2000 customers in less than 9 months
- 1 photo report delivered every 45 seconds in the world (May)
- 40th employee (July)
- Fundraising of 15 million euros (October)
- 70th country open for production (November)
- Expansion into retail and restaurant sectors
- Acquisition of the German company Briefy (April)
- 100th country open for production (April)
- 180th employee (May)
- Fundraising = 45 million USD (July)
- Opens offices in Asia and the US (September)
Created in 2016, Meero answers a major problem in the world of photography: image editing. Indeed, 60 minutes of actual shooting requires up to 4 hours of additional post production work. Result: long delivery times, inconsistent returns, often conflicting prices.
Combining unique artificial intelligence technology, unprecedented work processes, and the development of a visual content management platform, Meero has been able to develop a world-leading offering of photo and video services at unbeatable prices, delivery times of less than 24 hours and consistent quality.
Where's Meero today?
- The leader of artificial intelligence dedicated to image processing
- The world's first on-demand photography platform
- 40,000 customers in over 100 countries
- 180 employees with 27 different nationalities
- 1 photoshoot delivered worldwide every 30 seconds
More information on meero.com
33 6 20 96 53 18 - email@example.com